The opening of the women’s gymnasium took place on March 1, 1866. The founders were A.Gerik, P.Stronin, O.Gogel.
At the end of the nineteenth century, the gymnasium consisted of about 350 students in eight classes. Education cost 500 rubles for half a year.
In the first row, on the far left, Elena Suprunenko (born on May 23, 1898) graduated from high school in 1918.
Kremenchug, women’s gymnasium, a corner of Kiev and Kagamly streets, now Khmelnitsky and Gogol.
Photo provided by Alexander Derkach