Photo: Lyudmila Sirko
The ship was named in honor of the Ukrainian Soviet writer
Yuri Ivanovich Yanovsky, years of life 1902 – 1954, Laureate of the Stalin Prize of the third degree (1949). The playwright has nothing to do with Kremenchug and probably hasn’t even visited us, but many Kremenchuk people rode this ship.
The last captain was Shvachka Nikolai Mikhailovich. According to his daughter, after the collapse of the USSR, the ship was sent to Kiev and was used as a cafe on the water because it did not comply with safety regulations for transporting people along the Dnieper.