In 1770, under the direction of G.A. Potemkin, an orchard was built on the outskirts of Kremenchuk. In 1783, on the basis of this garden and natural oak forest, the English park designer William Gould began to equip the garden (now the City Garden) “in the English style”. Catherine II during her visit to Kremenchuk in the spring of 1787 was pleasantly surprised by an oak grove and a regular fruit garden, in which huge pears bloomed. The German doctor Meller, who accompanied the empress during the trip, was delighted with the cherry alleys.
Location: Kremenchuk, City Garden
Source: The book “Smaragdov Shati Kremenchuk: the history of the mist in parks and squares” 2016