Flag – Kremenchug (Poltava region) Ukraine, adopted in 1991
On September 21, 1991, the city council of people’s deputies approved a new version of the coat of arms and the flag of Kremenchug.
City flag. It is a square blue cloth with a white horizontal stripe in the center. The width of the white stripe is equal to 1/5 of the width of the flag.
The prototype of the flag was the coat of arms of the city of Kremenchug in 1798 (from the time of its belonging to the Russian Empire). The silver belt on this coat of arms symbolized the Dnieper River flowing through the city.
The author of the flag project is Andriy Grechilo (Lviv).